A water heater is essential to your daily life and a vital component of your plumbing network. With a lifespan of between eight and 12 years, your water heater may start to lose efficiency or need frequent repairs around the 10-year mark, and our experts might suggest replacing your water heater. Moreover, replacing your water heater might be the most cost- and energy-efficient option for your home if it is need of constant repairs.
The experienced and expert technicians at Avid Plumbing are here to help. We have been helping our neighbors in the Madison, WI area improve the comfort and efficiency of their homes through plumbing services for many years.
Call us today at (608) 661-2843 to learn more or contact us online to schedule an estimate for water heater replacement in and around the Madison area.
Types of Water Heaters for Replacement Services
Tankless Water Heaters
Whether you are replacing your current water heater or choosing your appliances for a new build, a tankless water heater is a great alternative to a traditional water heater, with benefits that include:
- Reduced energy usage – A tankless water heater uses fuel only when there is a demand for hot water, unlike a standard water heater, which cycles on and off all day to ensure the contents remain at the desired temperature.
- Longer life span – Durable components, less exposure to moisture, and replaceable parts mean your tankless water heater will likely last longer than a traditional hot water tank.
- Endless supply – A standard hot water tank has a limited supply of hot water on hand, but a tankless heater can provide a limitless supply, heating cold water from the supply line as needed.
- Lower environmental impact – A tankless water heater uses less fuel operate, and many of its components are replaceable, unlike a standard tank that may need to be replaced in its entirety.
Benefits of Standard Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters have a number of advantages, but they’re not the best option for every home or budget. Before you make your decision on which type of water heater to install, consider these benefits of standard water heaters:
- Lower installation cost – Standard water heaters have a lower upfront cost than a tankless system, making them a more economical choice for those with a limited budget.
- Immediate supply – Since a tankless water heater only works on demand, there is a delay between the time you turn on your faucet and when you begin to receive hot water as you wait for it to heat. With a standard water heater, the hot water begins to flow almost immediately, as it is already stored in the tank.
- Ease of installation – If you are replacing your existing water tank with a new standard tank, the installation process is easier than that of a tankless system, which will likely require a special venting system and larger gas lines due to the higher BTU rating.
- Emergency water supply – In the event of an emergency where your water supply may be restricted, your water tank holds a reserve that can help you get by until the situation is resolved.
To learn more about water heaters and the best option for your home, contact us by giving our team a call at (608) 661-2843 to learn more or contact us online.
FAQs About Water Heater Replacement
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive regarding water heater replacement:
- How long does it take to replace a water heater? As long as everything goes smoothly, removing your old water heater and installing a new one should take one to three hours.
- Will my new water heater have a warranty? We offer a two-year warranty on all of our products and services. We keep an accurate and detailed account for every service performed in a two-year period.
- How much does it cost to replace a water heater? The price depends on the size and type of water heater you choose. Keep in mind that changing fuel sources or styles may increase the installation cost if you need to add gas lines, electrical wiring, or a new venting system.
- How soon can you replace my water heater? We pride ourselves on offering same-day service. We will try our hardest to get your water heater replaced as soon as possible.
Have any additional questions about a water heater replacement? Contact us today by giving us a call at (608) 661-2843 to learn more or contact us online.
Call us to Schedule Your Water Heater Replacement Today
Avid Plumbing offers our customers throughout the Madison area with fast, reliable service at an affordable price. Our plumbing experts are highly trained and chosen based on strict criteria for experience, knowledge, and integrity.
We will come with a fully stocked truck with blankets to protect your home and make sure we leave your home as clean as it was before we came.
Call Avid Plumbing today at (608) 661-2843 to schedule your water heater replacement or contact us online.