If you suspect you may have a leak in your plumbing, you need an experienced plumber to locate it and repair it as soon as possible. When left to unattended, leaks can cause flooding, water damage, property damage, and increased water bills. At Avid Plumbing, our expert plumbing team takes leaks very seriously. With our two year warranty on all labor and material, you can rest assured that the leak will be repaired correctly for a solution that lasts.
For leak detection & repair in Madison, call Avid Plumbing at 608-661-2843 or contact us online!
Leak Detection & Repair for Madison Homeowners
No matter where you have a leak, our skilled technicians have the tools and expertise to find it. Because most of your piping is hidden from view behind your walls and under your floors, it takes special equipment to locate leaks without having to tear up your house. Our specialized leak detection equipment allows us to quickly pinpoint the exact location of the leak in the least invasive way possible. Once we know where the leak is, we will quickly repair it, using high quality parts that are perfectly suited to the area and situation.
Your home’s plumbing is a complicated system of pipes, most of which are hidden from view. A leak may be difficult to detect, or it may be very obvious when water is gushing into your home. No matter the size, location, or severity of your leak, the experts at Avid Plumbing are prepared to locate and repair it quickly and efficiently.
Signs You May Have a Leaky Pipe
Sometimes pipe leaks are obvious; for instance, you may walk into your bathroom to find that the floor is covered in water. At other times, the leaking pipe may be inside your wall, under the floor, or in some other non-visible area. In that case, you will often see some of the following signs that you have a leak:
- High water bill
- Low water pressure
- Water stains on ceilings
- Wet spots on floor or carpet
- Peeling or blistering paint or wallpaper
- Mold, mildew, and/or musty odors in your home
- Water meter runs continuously, even when no one is using water in your home
If you’ve noticed any of these signs in your Madison home, don’t wait to call Avid Plumbing for leak detection services! Call 608-661-2843 or contact us online today!
Common Causes of Pipe Leaks
Leaking pipes can be caused by a wide range of circumstances, but the most common causes are:
- Broken seals or loose connectors – Your appliances and fixtures have seals around their connections to your water supply. Over time, those seals may break or degrade, causing leaks. Their connectors may also become loose over time due to shifting.
- Clogged pipes – Sometimes, a clogged drain can cause your pipes to overflow or even burst.
- Corrosion – Over time, all pipes will corrode. If you live in an older home, or if you have any discoloration or rust on your pipes, you may be at risk for leaks.
- High water pressure – Excessive water pressure puts stress on your pipes and may cause them to leak.
- Damaged pipe joints – Because the joints where your pipes connect are their weakest points, leaks may occur as your pipes age and deteriorate.
Whatever the cause of your leaking pipe, the professionals at Avid Plumbing will quickly locate it and repair it. We’ll address any underlying problems so that it doesn’t happen again!
A slab is the concrete foundation under your home and acts as a stable base to provide support to the structure. Under that concrete slab, there are water lines that supply water to your home. When those water lines break or burst, they leak water under your home’s foundation, which is called a slab leak. A slab leak can go undetected for a long time, but it is a serious issue that can cause major property damage and threaten the structural integrity of your home.
Signs You May Have a Slab Leak
Because they are under your home’s foundation, slab leaks can be hard to detect. You won’t be able to see water gushing out of a pipe, but you might notice some or all of these signs:
- Low water pressure – When water that should be going to your fixtures is escaping out of a slab leak, you might notice a decrease in water pressure, especially when using more than one fixture at once.
- High water bill – Water pouring out of a slab leak 24/7 will cause a spike in your water bill even if the actual leak goes unnoticed.
- Damaged or wet flooring – Sometimes, water from a slab leak has nowhere to go but up. That means it will eventually reach your flooring.
- Sounds of running water – If you hear water running even though no fixtures are turned on, you could have a leak somewhere. If the sound is louder on your lowest level and seems to come from the floor, you may have a slab leak.
- Pools of water – During a slab leak, water will eventually find its way out from under your home’s foundation. You might see pools of water on the lowest level of your home, or even pools of water right outside your house.
Do you think you may have a slab leak? Don’t wait to find out! Call Avid Plumbing at 608-661-2843 or contact us online for slab leak detection & repair in Madison.
Causes of Slab Leaks
Slab leaks are caused by some type of plumbing failure, but the root cause can differ. Each cause will have a slightly different solution, so you need expert plumbing service to make that the problem doesn’t happen again. Slab leaks may be caused by:
- Shifting ground or foundation – Your house can naturally shift on its foundation, the soil under your home could shift, or an earthquake can cause a sudden, violent shift. When that happens, your pipes can become damaged, break, or rub up against something that will degrade them over time.
- Damaged or improperly installed pipes – If your pipes were damaged before they were put under your home, they could have weak spots that are more likely to leak. This can also happen to low quality pipes, or if pipes were not installed correctly in the first place.
- Pipe corrosion – Your pipes will come into contact with elements in the soil that may corrode them. Copper pipes, which are common in older homes, are particularly vulnerable to corrosion.
- Abrasion – Pipes naturally expand and contract as water flows through them, but if they are surrounded by hard soil or gravel or too close to other pipes, they may rub against these items and wear down over time.
At Avid Plumbing, our highly trained experts will carefully examine your foundation to determine what caused your slab leak. Then they’ll implement the best repair for your problem to fix your slab leak, protect your foundation, and restore sound plumbing to your home.
Why Choose Avid Plumbing for Leak Detection & Repair in Madison?
Avid Plumbing offers unmatched skill and expertise to handle any plumbing need in your Madison home. Our licensed plumbers are true professionals who will always treat your home with respect and work to find the best solution for you. When you choose Avid Plumbing, you’re choosing:
- 24-hour emergency service
- 2-year warranties on all labor and materials
- Fully stocked service vehicles
- Competitive and honest pricing
For leak detection & repair in Madison that’s done right the first time, call Avid Plumbing at 608-661-2843 or contact us online!