Your plumbing network is comprised of a number of vital components, but none is more essential to daily life than a water heater. With a life span of between eight and 12 years, your water heater may start to lose efficiency or need frequent repairs around the 10-year mark. Whether you have noticed a decrease in performance or an increase in your monthly energy bills, the experienced professionals at Avid Plumbing are here to help, with expert water heater installation services throughout the Madison area.
Call us today at (608) 661-2843 to learn more or contact us online to schedule an estimate for water heater installation in and around the Madison area.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Whether you are replacing your current water heater or choosing your appliances for a new build, a tankless water heater is a great alternative to a traditional water heater, with benefits that include:
- Space-saving – A traditional tank is two feet or more in width and an average of five feet tall, while a tankless water heater is mounted on the wall, freeing up valuable floor space that may be used for storage.
- Reduced energy usage – A tankless water heater uses fuel only when there is a demand for hot water, unlike a standard water heater, which cycles on and off to ensure the contents remain at the desired temperature.
- Longer life span – Durable components, less exposure to moisture, and replaceable parts mean your tankless water heater will likely last longer than a traditional hot water tank.
- Endless supply – A standard hot water tank has a limited supply of hot water on hand, but a tankless heater can provide a limitless supply, heating up cold water from the supply line as needed.
- Lower environmental impact – A tankless water heater uses less fuel to operate, and many of the components are replaceable, unlike a standard tank that may need to be replaced in its entirety.
Call us today at (608) 661-2843 to start taking advantage of tankless water heaters for your Madison, WI home, or contact us online to schedule an estimate for water heater installation in and around the Madison area.
Benefits of Standard Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters have a number of advantages, but they’re not the best option for every home or budget. Before you make your decision on which type of water heater to install, consider these benefits of standard water heaters:
- Lower installation cost – Standard water heaters have a lower upfront cost than a tankless system, making them a more economical choice for those with a limited budget.
- Immediate supply – Since a tankless water heater only works on demand, there is a delay between the time you turn on your faucet and when you begin to receive hot water as you wait for it to heat up. With a standard water heater, the hot water begins to flow almost immediately as it is already stored in the tank.
- Ease of installation – If you are replacing your existing water tank with a new standard tank, the installation process is easier than that of a tankless system, which will likely require a special venting system and larger gas lines due to the higher BTU rating.
- Emergency water supply – In the event of an emergency where your water supply may be restricted, your water tank holds a reserve that can help you get by until the situation is resolved.
Call us today at (608) 661-2843 to start taking advantage of standards water heaters for your Madison, WI home, or contact us online to schedule an estimate for water heater installation in and around the Madison area.
How to Choose the Right Water Heater
Before you hire a plumber to install a water heater, you will need to choose the right one. First, decide between a tankless and a traditional water heater. Tankless water heaters cost more to install, but they offer much greater energy efficiency. If you want those long-term benefits, and can afford a higher initial cost, then choose the tankless option. Otherwise, a tank water heater is a more affordable choice. After determining which type you want, talk to a plumbing professional to choose the right size.
Our team will help you find the right water heater. Contact us to talk to one of our plumbing professionals.
Installing a Water Heater? Choose a Professional Plumber
Are you considering installing your own water heater? While this is a valid consideration for some homeowners, choosing a plumber gives you significant benefits, including:
- No need to haul a heavy unit down the stairs
- Getting a workmanship warranty on the installation
- Confidence that the job meets all local code requirements
- Knowledge that all materials are the right ones for the job
- Protection for your home and family because the installation is handled by a pro
For professional water heater installation and advice in Madison, WI, look no further than Avid Plumbing. Call us at 608-661-2843 or reach out online for more information.
Why Choose Avid Plumbing for Water Heater Installation?
Avid Plumbing provides unmatched service and skill when you need water heater installation services. We have a highly trained team that will treat your home with respect while we install your water heater. We have a minimum one-year labor and material warranty on all water heaters we install, which gives you peace of mind that the job will be done well. Same-day service is always available, so you don’t have to suffer without a working water heater.
Avid Plumbing has competitive and honest pricing for water heater installation in Madison and the surrounding communities. Call 608-661-2843 or contact us online to discuss water heater installation with our experienced team.
Call Us to Schedule Your Water Heater Installation Today
Avid Plumbing offers our customers throughout the Madison area with fast, reliable service at an affordable price. Our plumbing experts are highly trained and chosen based on strict criteria for experience, knowledge, and integrity.
Call Avid Plumbing today at (608) 661-2843 to schedule your water heater installation or contact us online.
Water Heater FAQs
If you have questions about installing a new water heater, our team has the answers. Here are some common questions we hear at Avid Plumbing.
What are the signs that you need a new water heater?
Several things can indicate that you may need a new water heater. Watch for signs like:
- An aging unit
- Rusty looking water
- Insufficient hot water
- Rumbling and noise from the unit
- Leaks from the water heater
Is it normal for a new water heater to make noise?
New water heaters should operate fairly quietly. The most common noises from water heaters come from water bubbling through the sediment in the bottom of the tank, which causes a popping sound. New water heaters shouldn’t have sediment in them.
How often do you need to replace a hot water heater?
The life expectancy of a water heater is between 10 and 15 years for storage water heaters. Tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of 20 years or more. Plan to replace your water heater every 10 to 20 years, depending on the type you have.