Your plumbing is comprised of many vital components, but none is more essential to daily life than a water heater. With a life span of between eight and 12 years, your water heater may start losing efficiency or need frequent repairs around the 10-year mark.
Whether you’ve noticed a decrease in performance or an increase in your monthly energy bills, the professionals at Avid Plumbing are here to help, with expert water heater installation throughout the Madison area.
Call today to learn more or contact us online to schedule an estimate for water heater installation in the Madison area.
Do You Need a Replacement Water Heater?
Like most appliances in your home, even a well-maintained and high-quality water heater will eventually succumb to time and need replacement. By the time your water heater hits 10 years of service, it’s probably already showing its age, even if it hasn’t yet fallen into disrepair.
If your system hasn’t gotten routine maintenance or was installed poorly, it might need premature replacement.
Look out for:
- Unreliable performance
- Needing frequent attention from a plumber
- Inefficiency compared to modern units
- Visible rust or other corrosion or damage
- Recurrent problems even after receiving professional service
Suspect you might need water heater replacement? Call 608-661-2843 to learn more.
Installing a Water Heater? Choose a Professional Plumber
Are you considering installing your own water heater? While this is a valid consideration for some homeowners, hiring a plumber brings significant benefits, including:
- No need to haul a heavy unit down the stairs
- Getting a workmanship warranty on the installation
- Confidence that the job meets all local code requirements
- Knowledge that all materials are the right ones for the job
- Protection for your home and family because the installation is handled by a pro
For professional water heater installation and advice in Madison, WI, look no further than Avid Plumbing.
Call 608-661-2843 or contact us online for more information.
Why Choose Avid Plumbing for Water Heater Installation?
Avid Plumbing provides unmatched service and skill when you need water heater installation. Our highly trained team will treat your home with respect while installing your water heater.
We have a minimum one-year labor and material warranty on all water heaters we install, which gives you peace of mind that the job will be done well. Same-day service is always available, so you don’t have to suffer without a working water heater.
Avid Plumbing has competitive and honest pricing for water heater installation in Madison and the surrounding communities.
Call 608-661-2843 or contact us online to discuss water heater installation with our experienced team.
How To Choose the Right Water Heater
Before you hire a plumber to install a water heater, you’ll need to choose the right one. First, decide between a tankless and traditional water heater. Tankless water heaters cost more to install, but they offer much greater energy efficiency.
If you want long-term benefits, and can afford a higher initial cost, then choose tankless. Otherwise, a tank water heater is a more affordable choice. After determining which type you want, talk to a plumbing professional to choose the right size.
Our team will help you find the right water heater for your needs. Contact us to talk with our plumbing professionals.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Whether you’re replacing your water heater or choosing your appliances for a new build, a tankless water heater is a great alternative to a traditional water heater. The benefits include:
- Space-saving: A traditional tank is 2 feet or more in width and an average of 5 feet tall, while a tankless water heater is mounted on the wall, freeing up valuable floor space.
- Reduced energy use: A tankless water heater uses fuel only when there’s a demand for hot water, unlike a standard water heater, which cycles on and off to ensure the contents remain at the desired temperature.
- Longer life span: Durable components, less exposure to moisture, and replaceable parts mean your tankless water heater will likely last longer than a traditional hot water tank.
- Endless supply: A standard hot water tank has a limited supply of hot water on hand, but a tankless heater can provide a limitless supply, heating up cold water from the supply line as needed.
- Lower environmental impact: A tankless water heater uses less fuel to operate and many of the components are replaceable, unlike a standard tank that may need to be entirely replaced.
Contact us at (608) 661-2843 to take advantage of tankless water heaters for your Madison, WI, home or schedule an estimate for water heater installation in the Madison area.
Benefits of Standard Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters have several advantages, but they’re not the best option for every home or budget. Before you decide which type of water heater to install, consider these benefits of standard water heaters:
- Lower installation cost: Standard water heaters have a lower upfront cost than a tankless system, making them more economical for those with a limited budget.
- Immediate supply: Since a tankless water heater only works on demand, there’s a delay between the time you turn on your faucet and when you begin to get hot water as you wait for it to heat up. With a standard water heater, the hot water flows almost immediately as it’s already stored in the tank.
- Ease of installation: If you’re replacing your existing water tank with a new standard tank, the installation process is easier than that of a tankless system, which will likely require a special venting system and larger gas lines due to the higher BTU rating.
- Emergency water supply: In an emergency where your water supply may be restricted, your water tank holds a reserve that can help you get by until the situation is resolved.
Contact us at (608) 661-2843 to take advantage of standard water heaters for your Madison, WI, home or schedule an estimate for water heater installation in the Madison area.
Call To Schedule Your Water Heater Installation
Avid Plumbing offers our customers throughout the Madison area fast, reliable service at an affordable price. Our plumbing experts are highly trained and chosen based on strict criteria for experience, knowledge, and integrity.
Call Avid Plumbing today at (608) 661-2843 to schedule your water heater installation or contact us online.
Water Heater FAQs
If you have questions about installing a new water heater, our team has the answers. Here are some common questions we hear at Avid Plumbing.
What are the signs that you need a new water heater?
Several things can indicate that you may need a new water heater. Watch for signs like:
- An aging unit
- Rusty-looking water
- Insufficient hot water
- Rumbling and noise from the unit
- Leaks from the water heater
Is it normal for a new water heater to make noise?
New water heaters should operate fairly quietly. The most common noises from water heaters come from water bubbling through the sediment in the bottom of the tank, which causes a popping sound. New water heaters shouldn’t have sediment in them.
How often do you need to replace a water heater?
The life expectancy of a water heater is between 10 and 15 years for storage water heaters. Tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of 20 years or more. Plan to replace your water heater every 10 to 20 years, depending on the type you have.