How clean is your tap water? If your home is like most Madison-area homes, chances are there are impurities like arsenic and nitrates contaminating your water. Water filtration systems help remove these to protect your home. Avid Plumbing offers water filtration solutions to help.
If you want safe water in your home, contact Avid Plumbing to help you choose and install the right filtration system.
Benefits of Installing a Water Filtration System
When you get a drink of water, you want confidence that water is pure and fresh. Water filtration systems help remove even minor contaminants, so you enjoy healthy, pure water. Some benefits of water filtration include:
- Enjoy safe drinking water
- Save money on buying bottled or filtered water
- Protect the environment from additional landfill plastic
- Reduce problems with plumbing from minerals and chemicals in your water
- Prevent skin irritation
To enjoy these benefits, you need whole-house water filtration. Avid Plumbing can install this for you. Contact us at 608-661-2843 to discuss water filtration in Madison, WI.
How Water Filtration Systems Work
Water filtration systems send water through a filter that contains some sort of filter medium. The filter medium removes impurities but allows the clean water to flow through. It then moves into your home faucet, where you can drink it with less risk.
Some home filtration systems use the principle of reverse osmosis filtration, rather than using a filter medium. Reverse osmosis systems put the water under high pressure, then push it through a membrane. The contaminants are left behind and only fresh water flows through.
Water filtration systems can be at the point of service, such as at the kitchen sink, or they can be attached to the entire home and installed near the main water line. This is known as a whole-home water filtration system.
Curious about which type of water filtration is right for you? Contact Avid Plumbing for expert advice.
Are Whole Home Water Filtration Systems Worth It?
Whole-house water filtration is a wise investment, because even the cleanest tap water may have impurities that can hurt your home and your health. For homes with well water, which is often full of sediment and rust, whole-house water filtration is very important. These systems can also add value to your home.
Schedule whole-house water filtration installation in Madison with Avid Plumbing. Call 608-661-2843 to discuss your needs with our team today.
Water Filtration System Options
If you have decided that a water filter is right for your home, the next step is choosing the right filtration system. Some common options include
- RO Filters – RO filters use pressure to remove impurities from water. This is a highly effective process.
- Carbon Filters – Carbon filters use a carbon cartridge to remove impurities from the water. These can be whole-house units or stand-alone units.
- Under-the-Sink Filters – These filters install under the sink, removing impurities at the tap.
- Ion Exchange – Ion exchange filtration uses positively charged ions to remove negatively charged ions in the water, including nitrates, fluoride, arsenic, and other contaminants. This is often found in filters that also soften the water.
Make the right choice with help from Avid Plumbing. Call 608-661-2843 to discuss your needs.
Why Choose Avid Plumbing?
Avid Plumbing is dedicated to making sure your home has the plumbing services it needs. We are here for you 24/7 and have strong industry knowledge. This will help you choose the right filtration system for your need and ensure it stays well maintained.
Call our Madison plumbing team at 608-661-2843 or contact us online to discuss whole-house water filtration.