To prevent flooding in your home, you will want to ensure your sump pump is correctly installed and running efficiently. By calling the experts at Avid Plumbing, you can guarantee that you will have a plumber ready to come to your home, with fully stocked trucks and services that are backed by a 2-year warranty with honest and competitive pricing.
We are the reliable plumbers in Madison, WI, with same-day service and installation available. For our sump pump services, we strive to prevent major issues that will cost you time and money.
For more information about our sump pump services, contact Avid Plumbing by calling 608-661-2843 or by contacting us online for your Madison, WI home.
5 Common Sump Pump Issues
A sump pump is designed to pump water through a discharge pipe, moving the water away from your home’s foundation. Sump pump malfunction or failure can cause a flooded basement and expensive water damage. Unfortunately, it doesn’t take a lot of water to cause major problems. Just even a small amount of standing water in your basement can quickly turn into a mold problem.
Here are some common sump pump problems that our team will be able to diagnose and fix for you:
- Overwhelmed Pump – If your is sump pump is not the right size for your home, it might not be able to handle high volumes of water, which can leave you with a flooded basement. Have one of our experts come out and inspect your sump pump to make any necessary repairs or replacements.
- Pump Burnout – A burnout can occur because of a faulty float switch or an overworked, underpowered pump. Pumps can be prone to failure, so it’s a good idea to have one of our experts ensure that your pump is not going to experience burnout.
- Power Outages – A sump pump needs power to function correctly. Pumps can get tripped by a circuit breaker, be affected by a power outage, or simply get unplugged accidentally.
- Clogged Intake – If the intake becomes clogged, this prevents the pump from extracting water from the sump pit or sump liner, causing a backup.
- Frozen/Clogged Discharge Line – The discharge pipe is what keeps water from your foundation. The pipe can be clogged with dirt, roots, and other debris, or frozen during extreme winter conditions that can clog the system.
If you are experiencing any of these problems or want to have repairs performed to your sump pump, contact Avid Plumbing today by calling 608-661-2843 or by contacting us online!
Reliable Care for All Brands, Makes and Models of Pumps
Tell us about your plumbing needs for sump pump repairs, maintenance or installation and we will give you a competitive price for your plumbing job! We can work on any type of pump you have and ensure it performs correctly with no damage to your home.
- All makes and models installed or serviced
- Installation, service, and repairs
- Competitive pricing
- Employees will cover surfaces and protect your home
- Uniformed and educated technician
Why Choose Avid Plumbing?
Avid Plumbing strives to always provide professional and reliable services to make your repairs and plumbing projects easy. Our employees are highly trained and will treat your home as their own by protecting surfaces, removing shoes, and cleaning up after repairs.
When you choose Avid Plumbing, you are choosing expertise, knowledge, and customer service, with the guarantee that the job will be completed completely and quickly and will be backed by a warranty.
For more information about how we can provide a service for your sump pump in your Madison, WI home, contact us online or call 608-661-2843!